Search This Blog

Thursday 20 October 2011

Cyber Bullying and Stalking

Hi Guys

I'm being bullied, it seems, online. Stalked too. See, I have my own personal stalker, a fellow called Mr Dark, and what he does is he writes as nasty, and inaccurate, and as foul things about me as he can. Why? Well, the actual reason is jealousy. He was booted off our forum, Outpost Skaro a couple of years ago for doing this very thing to other people, so decided it was my fault - I didn't even boot him off, someone else did - and has spent the last couple of years creating ever-increasing nastiness about me in his horrible little blog. Ironically, no one follows it - not the 59 people he claims do - those are all dummy accounts to bump him up the google rankings - but he's getting increasingly desperate for some reason to try and hurt me.

His problem is obsessiveness. He calls my psychopathic. Sociopathic. It's ironic really, as he portrays all these traits himself. He says I hide behind a facade of lies and masks, which, is, amazing, exactly what he is doing, and, in his argument, he claims I am things I am not, or, sometimes, not things I am. He's used google to try and find me - and he has indeed found "bits" of me - and created a character who doesn't exist. And for some reason this no-faced, no-brained, backstabbing and insidious self named "sinister fellow" thinks he is the bastion of morality.

Let's look at his lies. He says I've never been to University. Really? I'm there now, old chum. Right now. He says I pretend to be a teacher. He then goes on to say it's to get close to vulnerable groups. Don't worry, that one has been reported to the police, but again, he misses the fundamental problem with that. He doesn't know which kind of teacher. Do I teach? Yes I do? Children? Nope. He says I run a website called Outpost Skaro. Do I? Nope. I'm not owner of or do I run Outpost Skaro. I set it up about four years ago now, but I don't own it, nor do I run it. People far cleverer than me do that. I just write the odd review. In fact, even that is paired back a bit due to my own personal work load recently. What else? Oh, he says I work with "big companies" because I went to them and said "hey, I know famous people and I have worked with them all." Another lie. Never once said that. Not once. That's why "big companies" still work with Outpost Skaro - despite the fact that Dark occasionally sends really weird and creepy emails to them. They let me know about those things, and we all shiver a bit that there are people like that out there, then we carry on.

So, his basic arguments against me hold absolutely no water. Apart from the fact that there are, what, eight people in the Skaro backstore who all know my name, address, telephone number, are on my facebook account etc I'm not hiding from anyone. I'm not keeping myself shadowy and in the dark. I'm not a sinister fellow.

So that's me. Let's look at him. Who is he? Well, we don't really know that much to be honest, so as a bastion for morality it would probably help a little to know about his own past, eh? I challenge him, here and now, to reveal himself. Show us a picture. Give us a name. Maybe then you'll be taken seriously, eh? Don't hide behind that silly picture with the mirror eyes and the collar up and pretend to be a knife thrower, just say who you are. Go on. I did. I dare you.

But what DO we know? Well, we know he's got a history of cyber-bullying, and that I'm just his latest victim. Luminaries in fandom like Steven Hill, Arnold Blumberg and Shaun Lyons have all been targeted by him in the past. Don't take my word for it, just check out his earlier blogs. They are full of them. Or, better still, check out everyone who "follows" him. Each of those is a dummy blog with a link to his own and a wee swipe at someone. That's how he gets up the google rankings. Anyway, have a look at those, and you'll see he's been doing this for years. Again, this is why we threw him out of Skaro. He made a clown of Angry Who Fan - sending comments from multiple accounts out getting increasingly and increasingly vile - about me, and everyone else (and these were in the days when he was being a FRIEND!) - and his reasoning for sending these comments? "I wanted everyone to see how far AWF would go." Really? Well, enough was enough for us, so we threw him out. Actually, that's not actually true. The head of Skaro at the time demoted him, then he decided to have an ego-boosting section in Skaro called Ask Mr Dark and when things didn't suit him he used that to have a pop at Lee Mansfield and I - then the head of Skaro (not me, again) banned him.

He disappeared for a few months then reappeared as The Comedian on Gallifrey Base. Again, arguing, and googling, and basically being a bit passive aggressive. He plucked up the courage one drunken night (he likes the booze, does our Dark) to change his name back to Dark, and that lasted ten minutes, because he googled some dodgy historical facts about the Byzantiums and was called on it by an actual historian. His response was deleted... and so was he.

Since then he's decided that I'm the man that caused all his woes. I'm the reason he can't play nicely with others. He began following my own Twitter account as Gerry Christmas, then started first a racist blog - degrading the Scots language - and then a similar Twitter account pretending to be me. That lasted a fortnight before Twitter, well aware of the real me and equally aware of his email and IP address, deleted his account. Don't believe me though - check out his own blog, at the side of his main one, where he slags off the Scots and pretends to be me. Honestly, as if one of me isn't enough.

Now though, well, he's taken the biscuit. But, well, it's his own downfall. He can claim I don't know "famous people" all he likes, I don't give a shit, because, frankly, I never once got an interview or a preview or an advert because I said I did. But his comments about vulnerable groups and the like is slander, pure and simple, and is at this moment in the hands of the police. The police who, incidentally, are speaking to Twitter about emails and IP addresses. Just this week, a man in Scotland was jailed for doing a similar thing to a football manager. In many ways, it wasn't as bad. Apparently judges are cracking down on cyber bullying and  comments on the internet.

Don't take my word for Mr Dark's obsessive compulsive cruelty. Go and look for yourself. Check out the blogs he follows. They're all me. Check out the people who follow him. They're all him, linking back to himself. Check out his earlier blogs, they're all about bullying other people, with big quotes they've allegedly made and him moralising from behind his silhouette. His "followers" too are all links back to bullying other people. Just to push him up those google rankings.

It isn't very nice to be stalked and bullied, I have to say. It's horrible in fact. It's worse for my children, of course, and perhaps that is the worse part of it. Mr Dark is targeting a man he doesn't know, but the fall out from it goes further than he cares to think. His assumptions and revelations are provably wrong - not on here, of course, but to the authorities - which is why Twitter deleted him - and that is ultimately what takes any legitimacy away from his ramblings. A sinister fellow? Most definitely. A bastion for morality against a man he doesn't know - and plenty do - well, come out from the shadows, maybe, and discuss it. But he's wrong.

Happy times and Places

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment