Search This Blog

Monday 24 October 2011

The Next Few Months...

Hi Guys

With the end of Series 6 of Doctor Who now upon us, and SJA and Torchwood also finished  - and in Torchwood's case for a goodly while - and new Who, with the exception of The Christmas Special - a wee while off (we're hearing September/October next year), I think now has come the perfect time for me to take a well earned break. My other series - Spooks - is gone too now, and Hustle, which will also be the final series of that, not transmitting til next year, I think I'll back out of the blogging business for a while and concentrate on family, friends, and those all important exams.

I do have one goody coming up, which will appear quite soon, but it's a surprise, so sshh, spoilers!, but apart from that, your best bet at getting news and reviews - especially all the Big Finish latest - which we're now actually going to be getting before release, it was confirmed to me on Friday - and all the other stuff we get from every media outlet going - is to go along to Outpost Skaro where people far cleverer and much better writers than me will be furnishing you with Things Yet To Come as well as their lively forum. As I said before, I'm just a small cog in that very big - and growing - wheel, so I'm pretty sure I won't be missed.

Before I do go for my Christmas Break - and I will be back as they say "sometime in the New Year" - I'd just like to thank the 11,000 odd readers of this blog, and for the myriad of messages and notes of kindness and goodwill I get daily, and for the support I get from you guys, especially in the wake of some nastiness elsewhere. It's heartening to know that insanity doesn't particularly spread, and to all the companies I've spoken to, all the readers of this blog who've emailed me - and again, it would be churlish to publish all those, but you know I get them - to everyone who has given me words of encouragement and support, thank you. It means a lot. Words fail me sometimes at the level of nastiness on the Web, but for every rambling nutter there are, it seems thousands of decent people who aren't stupid or gullible and are as appalled as you'd expect a decent person to be. I will pop on from time to time and update you with links to Outpost Skaro when they have news for you. So once again, friends, thank you. I'll leave you - and Skaro - in the capable hands of Derek and the lads over there and wish you, a slightly early, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Happy Times and Places

Eddie McGuigan
TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment